Qu: crooked chi:pond.
Quchi is located on the depression at the elbow like a pool when the arm is bent and this point is inside it.
Location of quchi:
With the elbow is flexed, the point is in the midpoint between the lateral end of the transverse cubical crease and the lateral epicondyle of the humerus.
Puncture perpendicularly 0.8-1.5 cun.
Moxibustion is applicable.
Indications of quchi
- Quchi is used to clear heat ( Yangming channel ) and is one of the major point to clear heat and fire.
- Main point for diseases of the head, face and the five sense organs, such as swollen and sore throat, toothache, redness and pain in the eyes, often used with Hegu.
- Local problems: Help for the flow of qi and blood in upper arm. So, used for elbow pain, stiffness; especially for tenis elbow.
- Febrile disease;
- Rubella, eczema, carbuncle, wind rash, dry heat, itching skin.
- Paralysis of the arm,pain and weakness in the elbow;
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea.
He-sea point. Main point for antianaphylaxis and antipyresis.
Quchi is one of the most commonly point used in clinical practice. Also have been described in the book” Insights of a Senior Acupuncturist” by Miriam Lee as one of the point that gives exceptional results in combination with : Zu San Li (St 36), San Yin Jiao (Sp 6), He Gu (LI 4) and Lie Que (Lu 7).