Baohuang BL53: Nomenclature, Location, Functions, Indications
Bao: Bladder Huang: membrane
Bao refers to the bladder. Baohuang, BL 53 is at the level of Pangguangshu (BL30).
Chinese Name: 胞肓
English Name/Meaning: Bladder’s Vitals
Pinyin: bāo huāng
Han Geul 한글: po hwang 포황
Romaji: hō kō
3 cun lateral to the median sacral crest, at the level of the second sacral posterior foramen.
Functions of Baohunag, BL53:
- Strengthens lumbar spine.
- Strengthens the function of the bladder.
- Opens the waterways to lower burner.
- Borborygmus, abdominal distension, stiffness and fullness in hypogastrium.
- Urinary retention, burning sensation during urination, edema of the legs.
Perpendicular insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
One thought on “Baohuang BL53: Nomenclature, Location, Functions, Indications”
Pingback: Bladder Channel of Foot TaiYang- an Introduction - Acupuncture Nepal
Comments are closed.