Fenglong ST40 :Nomenclature, Location, Function, Indication
Feng: plentiful Long: abundance
The plentiful grain qi of the stomach meridian is abundant; at this point it overflows into its major collateral.
Chinese Name: 丰隆
English Name/Meaning: Abundant Bulge
Pinyin: fēng lóng
Han Geul 한글: pung nyung 풍륭
Romaji: hō ryū
Vietnamese: Phong long
8 cun above the external malleolus lateral to tiaokou (ST38) about two finger widths lateral to the anterior crest of the tibia.
Functions of Fenglong:
- Transforms phlegm and dampness.
- Calms the spirit.
- Harmonizes the stomach.
Indications of fenglong :
- Treats disorders of spleen channel. This is most important point for phlegm. It helps to resolve phlegm so is used in cough with phlegm, ovary cyst, nodules, goiter, psycho-emotional problems, depression, mania, insomnia.
- Treats disorders in region reached by the luo-connecting channel. As stomach luo-connecting point terminates at the throat so is indicated for various throat disorders.
- Atrophy and paralysis of the legs.
- Luo-Connecting Point.
- Main point for expelling phlegm.
- Good for treating phlegm anywhere in body.