Nao: brain Hu: door
The Governor Vessel ( Dumai ) runs upwards along the spine and enters the brain. Naohu is like a door on the occipital region for the Qi of the meridian flowing into the brain.
Chinese Name: 脑戸
Name: Nao hu
Pinyin: nǎo hù
English Name/Meaning:Brain Door
Han Geul 한글: noe ho 뇌호
Romaji: nō ko?
Vietnamese: Não hộ
Naohu GV17 lies 2.5cun directly above the midpoint of the posterior hairline, 1.5 cun directly above Fengfu (GV16), in the depression on the upper border of the external occipital protuberance.
- Dispels internal wind.
- Calm spirit.
- Benefits eyes.
- Opens channel.
Indications of Naohu:
- Mania-depression, epilepsy, insomnia, dream disturbed sleeping, irritability.
- Local problems: headache, dizziness, vertigo, heaviness of head.
- Problems along the pathway of DU channel: nape pain, lower back pain.
- Facial and eyes problems: red face, facial pain, dimness of vision, short-sightedness, eye pain, excessive lacrimation, yellow eyes, jaundice.
- Tongue and throat problems: sudden loss of voice.
Transversely (subcutaneously) 0.5–1 cun.
Meeting point with the BL channel