Nei: medial Guan: Pass
Neiguan is at an important site on the medial aspect of the forearm, like a pass.
On the palmar side of the forearm, 2 cun above the transververse crease of the wrist, on the line connecting Quze(PC3) and Daling (PC7), and between the tendons of the palmaris longus and flexor carpi radialis
- Calms the Heart and Spirit (anxiety, insomnia).
- Relaxes chest and regulates the qi ( moves qi and blood in chest, chest pain, heart problems).
- Suppresses rebellious qi and stops vomiting.
- Suppresses pain (stomach pain, chest pain).
- Neiguan is a luo connecting point, so it treats disorders of interior-exterior related zang fu organs.
- Neuguan also treats disorders of regions reached by luo-connecting point.
- Cardiac disorders: Cardiac pain, palpitations, oppression in the chest.
- Treats psycho-emotional disorders: dizziness, insomnia, epilepsy, depression, fear, poor memory.
- Stomach problems: Vomitting, hiccups, stomachache.
- Local disorders: Spasm and pain in the elbow and arm.
Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.0 cun; avoid puncturing the median nerve.
One of the Eight Confluent Points associating with the Yin Link Vessel.
Command point for heart, chest and epigastrium.