Si: four direction Bai: brightness
This point is below the eye, good for the treatment of various eye disorders. It is said to improve the vision and give one sharp eye in all four directions.
Chinese Name: 四白
English Name/Meaning: Four Whites
Pinyin: sì bái
Han Geul 한글: sa baek 사백
Romaji: shi haku
Vietnamese: Tứ bạch
With the eyes looking forward, the points is vertically below the pupil, in the depression at the infraorbital foramen.
Indications of Sibai：
- Red and painful eyes, lacrimation upon exposure to wind, superficial visual obstruction, blurred vision.
- Deviation of the mouth and eye, twitching of the eyelids, facial pain and itchiness; main point for facial paralysis or spasm.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.2 to 0.4 cun.
- Transverse insertion to join with such points as SI-18, L.I.-20 etc;
- Oblique insertion superolaterally, along the infraorbital foramen, 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Deep insertion along the foramen may injure the eyeball
- Manipulation by lifting and thrusting increases the risk of damaging the infraorbital nerve which emerges from the foramen.
- According to several classical texts, this point is contraindicated to moxibustion.