Xuan: suspended Shu: pivot
Xuanshu GV5 lies on the lower back. When lying supine, the local region suspends as a pivot for lumbar movement.
Chinese Name: 悬枢
Name: Xuan shu
Pinyin: xuán shū
English Name/Meaning:Suspended Pivot
Han Geul 한글: hyeon chu 현추
Romaji: ken sū?
Below the spinous process of the first lumbar vertebra.
- Tonifies spleen and harmonizes stomach.
- Strengthens lumbar spine and knees.
Indications of Xuanshu:
Pain and stiffness of the lower back, diarrhea, indigestion.
Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Good point for lower back.
- Good point for diarrhoea of undigested food.
- Apply moxa for yang deficiency of digestive system
The spinal canal lies between 1.25 and 1.75 cun deep to the skin surface, varying according to body build.