Zhong: middle zhu: water margins
Zhongzhu point is in the middle of the Five-shu points and the Qi of the meridain flows like water along the water margins.
Chinese Name: 中渚
English Name/Meaning: Central Islet
Pinyin: zhōng zhǔ
Han Geul 한글: jung jeo 중저
Romaji: chū sho
Vietnamese: Trung chử
On the dorsal aspect of the hand, on the ulnar side of the 4th metacarpal bone, in the depression proximal to the 4th metacarpophalangeal joint
- Dissipates wind heat (febrile disease, headache, red eyes, sore throat ).
- Clears ears and eyes (clears pathogens).
- Clears channel and connecting vessels (pain in hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder).
Indications of Zhongzhu:
- Zhongzhu is one of the most important distal points for treating ear disorders due to any pathology. Particularly suited to exterior wind and liver disharmony (especially when due to excess): tinnitus, deafness, inflammation of middle ear.
- Also heaviness of the body and pain of the joints.
- Local disorders: pain of the shoulder and elbow, pain of the spine (at the level of the Heart), numbness of the four limbs and inability to flex and extend the fingers.
- Malaria: chronic malarial fever.
Puncture perpendicularly 0.3-0.5 cun