Qiangjian GV18: Nomenclature, Location, Functions, Indications, Method, Precaution
Qiang: stiffness Jian: middle
Qiangjian is between the parietal bone and the occipital bone and is indicated in treating stiff neck and headache.
Chinese Name: 強间
Pinyin: qiáng jiān
English Name/Meaning: Rigid Space
Han Geul 한글: gang gan 강간
Romaji: kyō kan?
Qianjian GV 18 lies 4 cun directly above the midpoint of the posterior hairline and 1.5 cun above Naohu (GV17).
- Dispels Wind, especially internal Wind
- Opens the channel
- Calms the shen
Indications of qianjjian:
- Mania-depression, epilepsy, insomnia, dream disturbed sleeping, irritability .
- Local problems: headache, dizziness, vertigo, heaviness of head.
- Problems along the pathway of DU channel: nape pain, lower back pain.
Transversely (subcutaneously) 0.5–1 cun.
- This point lies midway between Baihui(GV20) and Fengfu (GV16).
- Good point for mania and headache mainly caused by hypertension.