Shenting (GV-24/神庭 ) : Nomenclature, Location, Functions, Method, Precautions
Shen: mind ting: vestibule
The brain is the mansion of the mind. Shen here means brain. Shenting is on the forehead, like the vestibule of the brain.
English name/meaning : Spirit Courtyard
Chinese name: 神庭
Chinese pinyin : shén tíng
Korean name: sin jeong 신정
Japanese name: shin tei
Vietnamese name: Thần đình
Shenting is located in the midline, 1 cu above the anterior hairline. OR 4 cun anterior to DU20/Baihui.
Insert transversely 0.5 cun t0 1 cun. Moxibustion can be done.
Indications of Shenting:
- Calms shen so is used for various mental ilness line anxiety, depression, epilepsy, infantile convulsion.
- Calms the Liver. Subdues Wind.
- Benefits eyes and nose so us useful in Eye pain, redness and swelling, Rhinitis, sinusitis
- Local disorders like headache, neuralgia, migraine, frontal headache, migraine, headache due to wind.
- Meeting point with the BL and ST channels.
- One of the major points for calming the shen.
- This point in combination with GB13 is beneficial in fears and severe anxiety as illustrated by Maciocia.